Why Have a Parent Organization?
According to the Parent Handbook, the purpose of the Parent Organization (PO) includes:
- To increase and facilitate parent involvement at in-school and extra-curricular activities,
- To assist and support the administrative staff,
- To provide appropriate activities, for students and their parents, that creates a sense of community, education, growth and enjoyment.
We are always in need of more volunteers to help make these wonderful activities possible! For more information, please contact the PO President, Ashley Nance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We meet monthly on the 2nd Thursday, all parents are welcome! Please view the Edison South calendar for time and location as it alternates each month.
Visit our Online Store:
You take care of the following things at the PO Board's Online Store https://squareup.com/store/TECS-POBoard
- Pay your Yearly Donation
- Buy a Cache Valley Direct Book
- Many other items are available as the ordering windows happen (such as Yearbooks, Field Day Shirts, School Kits, etc)
We use a program called Help Counter to track and organize our volunteer efforts. To log in, go to https://www.helpcounterweb.com/ci/volunteer If you are a new parent (or have never logged in from home before), please use the following link to set up your profile: www.helpcounterweb.com/welcome/?en=229868678 Once you've logged in to Help Counter, you can do the following:
- To help during upcoming events, click on "Check for Upcoming Opportunities"
- To log hours that you forgot to clock in for or you did at home, click on "Record Hours/Review Past Hours Volunteered"
- You can "Update Your Volunteering Interest Form"
- You can "Update Profile Information"
If you have any questions or need help signing into Help Counter, please contact Audra Parent at email@example.com or call/text 435-512-9469
Simple Year-round Fundraising Opportunities:
- Drop off your Box Tops at the blue information center near the front office
- Donate your "My Coke Rewards" to our school or bring in your Coke Lids to the school -- https://www.mycokerewards.com
- Link your Smith's Rewards Card to our school -- www.smithsfoodanddrug.com our school code is #80010
- Link your Macey's Perks Card to our School -- http://maceys.com/perks (Instructions)
- Link your Amazon account through Amazon Smiles. Go to http://smile.amazon.com and select our school (it will be the Thomas Edison Charter School, Inc located in North Logan) – These funds go directly to update & improve our non-fiction reference books in the library!