Why Have a Parent Organization?
According to the Parent Handbook, the purpose of the Parent Organization (PO) includes:
- To increase and facilitate parent involvement at in-school and extra-curricular activities,
- To assist and support the administrative staff,
- To provide appropriate activities, for students and their parents, that creates a sense of community, education, growth and enjoyment.
We are always in need of more volunteers to help make these wonderful activities possible! To become a member of the PO, please contact one of the current PO Co-Presidents, Michelle Loveland [email@example.com or 435-764-3653] or Melanie Killpack [firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-232-3861]
We meet monthly on the 2nd Wednesday at 6:30 in the school library, all parents are welcome!
Visit our Online Store:
You take care of the following things at the PO Board's Online Store https://squareup.com/store/TECS-POBoard
- Pay your Yearly Donation
- Buy a Cache Valley Direct Book
- Many other items are available as the ordering windows happen (such as Yearbooks, Field Day Shirts, School Kits, etc)
We use a program called Help Counter to track and organize our volunteer efforts. To log in, go to https://www.helpcounterweb.com/ci/volunteer If you are a new parent (or have never logged in from home before), please use the following link to set up your profile: www.helpcounterweb.com/welcome/?en=229868678 Once you've logged in to Help Counter, you can do the following:
- To help during upcoming events, click on "Check for Upcoming Opportunities"
- To log hours that you forgot to clock in for or you did at home, click on "Record Hours/Review Past Hours Volunteered"
- You can "Update Your Volunteering Interest Form"
- You can "Update Profile Information"
If you have any questions or need help signing into Help Counter, please contact Audra Parent at email@example.com or call/text 435-512-9469
Painless Year-round Fundraising Opportunities:
- Drop off your Box Tops at the blue information center near the front office
- Donate your "My Coke Rewards" to our school or bring in your Coke Lids to the school -- https://www.mycokerewards.com
- Link your Smith's Rewards Card to our school -- www.smithsfoodanddrug.com our school code is #80010
- Link your Macey's Perks Card to our School -- http://maceys.com/perks (Instructions)
- Link your Amazon account through Amazon Smiles. Go to http://smile.amazon.com and select our school (it will be the Thomas Edison Charter School, Inc located in North Logan) – These funds go directly to update & improve our non-fiction reference books in the library!